Why give homework?
- To reinforce what the child learns during the day.
- To provide a link between teacher and parent.
- To develop a child’s concentration skills and develop a work ethic.
- Homework is meant to be achievable by a child, i.e. it provides an opportunity to practice work already done. It is normally prepared by the teacher in class. However, sometimes with senior classes, some homework is designed to challenge children’s ability and provide opportunity for creativity.
- Children are expected to do their homework